Friday, April 24, 2009

Make sound art!

The 2D/3D art show is coming up soon at my school... I kind of want to submit my stuff but I don't have anything that may be appropriate for it. I was thinking about it and i remembered about the rice grain over a large vibrating table. I think i saw it on makezine or youtube...

Anyways... The thing i want to make now is an interactive art using sound. The speaker will be placed upright and there will be a tank or a bottle filled with paint or colored oil. I can go two ways from here. Just let the device make a visual for the music, or make it with a open top so people can put a piece of paper there so people can take something home with them.

The device will run on bass and a subwoofer. All i have to create is the device that sits on top of it. It should be pretty cool if i can finish this before the deadline for 2D/3D art show...

4/26
I tried an experiment with oil and water. I was hoping it would make some kind of waterfountain-like visualization but it failed. I also used some BB's and put em on top of the speaker. This one may work if i have a better woofer and a better amp. I can drip food coloring or something on the BB's and put a tray for a piece of paper. Then the BB's will make an interesting art piece.